Beautifully handcrafted wooden bicycles
Unique bikes that provide a beautifully smooth ride quality allowing you to ride further in greater comfort.
Ash, Walnut & Carbon Fibre
Our craftsmen alternate layers of carbon, ash and walnut to produce bikes with the ultimate ride quality. Timber absorbs the high frequency road vibration creating a beautifully smooth ride which reduces muscle fatigue.
The Celero Frame
- Timber absorbs vibration like no other material.
- “Sportive” frame geometry gives you a relaxed riding position.
- Carbon Fibre reinforced construction creates a stiff, responsive frame.
- Hand-made frames lovingly created to order, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Internal Cables with continuous outer sheath keep the dirt and grit out.
- Metal inserts are used allowing industry compatible components to be used.
- Eleven coats of 2-part marine grade polyurethane to protect against the elements.
- View our geometry, specification and price.
No compromise on safety
The frame has undergone rigorous road and laboratory testing including the latest international safety standard - BS / EN / ISO 4210 where the frame is subjected to the following tests:
- Frame impact - Falling frame
- Frame impact - Falling mass
- Frame fatigue with horizontal forces
- Frame fatigue with a vertical force
- Frame fatigue with pedalling forces
It is an acceptable practice to provide a separate frame for each test in order to attain the standard, however Silva have chosen to put one frame through all 5 tests, ensuring that our frames are capable of withstanding the most rigorous use.
Not only did our Celero frame achieve 100% success, it over doubled the required standards for Frame fatigue with pedaling and vertical forces – the two most arduous of the fatigue tests. You can view our test certificates here.